This is a chronicle our everyday life as we live, laugh and love raising our teenager, our toddler and our special needs baby. Normal isn't always what it seems...

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Merry Merry Christmas from our hearts to yours. My heart is so full as this day comes to an end. I know that "Thanksgiving" was last month but, I  am so thankful for so many things this Christmas. Thankful that we have completely avoided overnight hospital stays for more than six months! Thankful for all of these months of stability we have enjoyed with Lydon. Thankful beyond words for our nurses who have been with us day in and day out for almost 18 months.  They make our every day life so much more bearable. They take the pressure off of me in keeping up with all of our medications, refills, supplies,etc and allow me time to take care of my other responsibilities without feeling guilty or worried about him. They do an excellent job of taking care of him but even more than that, they love him! They have become a part of our family and we love them! I am thankful for our families. They are such a source of strength and support for us. They laugh with us, cry with us, comfort and pray for us. They are always willing to help us, even if when it means cleaning up vomit!  I am thankful for our church and wonderful pastors. They warmly welcome us at each service regardless of how many services we may have missed in between. They frequently let us know how much they love us and pray for us and Lydon. I am thankful that my other two children are doing so well. Regardless of how chaotic and stressful our life may be at times, they seem to be very happy, healthy and full of life! Their grades and behavior is proof of that.   I am thankful for my loving husband who works so hard to make the money, budget the money and take care of everything we need and most of what we want. We have a couple of big issues we are anxious and worried about with Lydon that will be addressed right after the first of the year but for today, we are just thankful and happy and enjoying the moments. For if I have learned anything this year (sadly many times over), it is that tomorrow is not a promised day. We captured some of those moments in these pictures. I plan on posting some more of them but here's a little sneek peak! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!







5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! You have a beautiful family, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the photos and the thanks-givings you share. I understand!! Wishing you and your beautiful family a blessed 2013!!
    Clara-Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the kind words. Hoping 2013 is equally as sweet to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for the kind words. Hoping 2013 is equally as sweet to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I know that God will continue to smile on you and your family in 2013!

    ReplyDelete