This is a chronicle our everyday life as we live, laugh and love raising our teenager, our toddler and our special needs baby. Normal isn't always what it seems...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sweet and Sour

This is going to be a short post because I am dealing with a sick baby boy hence "the sour". But, here's the sweet... We went yesterday to the audiology dept at Hermann. There, we went through more than an hour of advanced nerve conduction hearing tests. Let me stop and say that a number of neurologists have seen Lydon in the hospital. They have all told us that Lydon exhibits a delayed auditory response. That coupled with his significant speech delay has brought about much concern about his hearing. So, after all the tests were complete, the audiologists told me that there was nothing that signified any hearing loss or delayed nerve pathways associated with his inner ears or hearing. So.. that was a sweet and welcomed good news report. Afterwards, we met up with Mimi (Jonathans mom) and Aidan for some lunch. Ly of c ourse didnt eat a bite but that isnt unusual. Then we came home for a nap. That is where the day turned sour. When Lydon woke up from his nap he had fever I changed him and gave some Tylenol. We loaded up to go get Daddy from work and stopped at the store. By the time we got home, Lys temp was up to 103.6. He has never had a fever that high before. I worked through the night to keep it down. When I got him up this morning, he was under 100 and is acting very sick but has no symptoms at all. The only thing that I can imagine is that maybe something is going on with his j tube since it was backing up some during Christmas. I will update with more details when I know more. For now, I am medicating and watching him like a hawk!! Keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment